Friday, April 5, 2013

Beer Review: Schwaben Brau Volksfest Bier


Greetings!  It's been a little bit since my last review.  I've been busy with work and school work.
Today's beer is Schwaben Brau Volksfest Bier.  They sell this at the shoppette.  It is a seasonal beer that usually comes out around late fall or early winter.  I had a couple left over and it's been kept in my chilly basement over the winter so it should still be good.

Schwaben Brau Volksfest Bier (5.5 ABV)


This is labeled as a Marzen.  However, it tastes a bit like a mild Pilsner.  It has a deep golden color and a bit cloudy.
When poured, it generates a medium head that dissipates quickly.  I detect some wheaty, malty, and a hint of berry fruit aromas.  This beer is medium bodied and tastes a bit doughy and hoppy with a crisp and ever so slightly tart finish.
I like this beer.  To me, it's the best of a lager and a pils.  Overall, I'd give it a B-.  You may be able to find this beer in your country or if you happen to be in Germany during the Volksfest time, pick it up and give it a try.  Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment