Sunday, January 1, 2012

A bit about this blog and me.

I'm not a professional writer or blogger.  I started this blog to share my experiences in the Air Force with people.  Here are a few things about me.
I'm 30.  I've been in the Air Force for almost 12 years.  Currently, I am stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany.  My occupation in the AF is Electrical Power Production.  I work with generators and aircraft arresting systems.  I'll explain more in future blogs.  My current job is that of a planner.  The Air Force is always planning.  I provide occupational expertise to the war/contingency planners.  Again, more will come later. I am married to a beautiful English girl that I met when I was stationed in England.  We don't have any kids yet.  We have a 2 year old hyper Golden Retriever named Brady.  We also have 2 cats.
I play hockey for the KMC Eagles, which is a hobby team comprised of military members and their families that live in the Kaiserslautern area.  The team plays in the biggest hobby league in Germany.  Read beer league.  I love experiencing beer from around the world.  Speaking of around the world,  I love to travel.  My job for the past 2 years has taking me to places that I'd never thought I'd see.  I'll mention all the places later.  My favorite music is pretty much anything rock.  I love classic rock, contemporary rock, hard rock and metal.  I also don't mind a little country and the occasional rap or hip hop.  I also love fishing.  Whenever I visit back to the states, I try to get a little fishing in.  Video games are another hobby of mine.
So that's a bit about me.  Here is a bit about the blog.  I won't blog everyday about everyday stuff.  I'll typically blog about anything exciting I'm doing.  For example, I should be going on some trips in the near future.  When I go on them, I'll blog about my experiences in Africa or other European countries.  I'll even tell some stories about my past trips or maybe tell a story about something in the past.  Basically, I want to give you a little insight into the life of an average Airman and what the AF has to offer.
On a side note, I'll gladly welcome any constructive criticism about my writing.  Like I said, I'm not a professional but I would love some input to improve.  Suggest anything from grammar and punctuation or prose.  If you have any questions, you can email me at garthvader@gmail.com
Oh, a quick explanation about the blog name.  Kizzle is short for Domkizzle.   A Snoop Dogg play on my last name that a few past coworkers came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment