Friday, August 24, 2012

Why I do what I do

12 years ago yesterday, I joined the United States Air Force.  There are many reasons I joined.  I didn't want to go to college.  I thought the air force was cool.  I thought it would be cool and prestigious to join the world's greatest air force and work around fighter jets.  I thought it was honorable to serve one's country.  Joining the USAF was the best decision I've ever made.  I've learned so much about life.  I've gained invaluable job skills.  I've got to travel and see places I've never dreamed of. 

I never thought, that by joining, I would inspire anyone or impact any one's life.  I received a message from my sister today that almost made me tear up.  Below is the message. 

"Craigy, I remember when you first joined the Air Force and I remember feeling so inspired because my big brother was so strong and brave and I've looked up to you for quite some time ♥. I'm extremely proud of you for doing what you do and sticking through. .. (nice rhyme, huh?).. To me it's always seemed like you've had your life together or maybe you've just been really good at making the right moves, Either way, it gives me hope and you really have motivated me to be the best person I can possibly be and do what I need/want to do to better my life. Thank you for being you, really, and for serving (: I appreciate and love you Craigy. ♥ "

What a proud big brother I am! This inspires me to keep doing what I'm doing for the next 8-18 years. 

As always you can email me at garthvader@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter, @Domkizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment