Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beer Review: Alt Frankisches Lagerbier

Today's beer comes from the Bamburg region of Germany.  Bamburg is just north of Bavaria.  I got this beer from my beer man.  He delivers beer to me every other week.  Normally he delivers unpasteurized, fresh beer in a jug.  About every six weeks he has two new flavors.  Sometimes he has specialty crates of mixed beer from different regions of Germany.  I had a couple beers leftover from the last crate he delivered.  Enough about my beer man and on to the beer.
            
    Alt Frankisches Lagerbier (4.8 ABV) which, when translated, means Old Franconian Lager.


Appearance: To me, it appears to have a deep copper color and medium carbonation.  The head tops out to about an inch and dissipates quickly.  What do you think?
Aroma: There seems to be a bit of a floral aroma.
Flavor:  A smooth, hoppy flavor that finishes just a tad bitter.
Mouth feel: It appears to be medium bodied lager.
Overall Impression: A smooth, medium bodied lager that has a good hoppy flavor.  I'd give it a B-

Let me know what you think.  As always, you can contact me or follow me on Twitter.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment