Friday, September 28, 2012

Beer Review: Greif-Brau Weisse

Hello again!  Today's beer again comes from the Bamburg area of Germany.  I got it from my beer man.  It came in the same crate that had beer from the last review.  This beer is a hefeweizen hell beer, which means that it's a light wheat beer. 

Greif-Brau Weisse (5.4 ABV)
 


Appearance:  It is a golden-brown color that is cloudy with heavy carbonation and a thick, one inch, head that dissipates to about a quarter of an inch. 
Aroma:  Can't really place the aroma but it smells kind of wheaty. 
Flavor:  The first thing that hits you is the carbonation.  It has a slight sweet, wheat taste and a faint floral finish. 
Mouthfeel:  This may be a light wheat beer but it's an over all medium bodied beer. 
Overall Impression:  Not the best hefeweizen I've ever had but it was good.  It was a bit different from the others.  Overall, I'd have to give it a C. 


Give me your thoughts.  Give me a shout or follow me on twitter

Prost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment