Friday, September 21, 2012

Beer Review: Czech Beer-Demon

Na zdraví! That means "cheers" in the Czech language.  "Pivo" means beer.
I was in the Czech Republic last month for a week of ice hockey camp.  While there, I tried as many Czech beers as possible.  I even brought some home.  Overall, the Czech beer is good!  I particularly loved the Cerny, or black beer.  I only started reviewing beers a couple weeks ago so I drank most of the beers I brought back before I got a chance to review them.  Tonight while searching my beer fridge for a cold, tasty beverage, I came across one last Czech beer, called Demon, I hadn't yet consumed.  Here is my review.

Appearance:  It has a deep caramel, clear, with light carbonation.  The head tops out at about 1 1/2 inches and dissipates quickly.
Aroma:  It seems to have a bit of a nutty aroma.
Flavor:  I must say, I'm having trouble describing the flavor of this beer.  There appears to be some nutty overtones and a slightly hoppy finish.
Mouthfeel:  This beer has a light-medium body.
Overall Impression:  Although I had trouble describing the taste, I found this beer to be smooth and easy to drink.  It has a good overall flavor.  My grade...B.

If you happen to come across this, give it a try.  It's worth it.  If you've tried this beer and disagree with me, let me know.  If you think I got something wrong, let me know.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Contact me.   You can also follow me on Twitter. @Domkizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment