Monday, September 3, 2012

Beer Review: Ballast Point Amber Ale Calico

This my second attempt at reviewing beer.  Today's beer is Ballast Point Amber Ale Calico brewed by Ballast Point Brewing Company in San Diego, California.  I picked up a 6 pack of this at the shoppette yesterday on the way to a BBQ.  I didn't get to it then so this is the first time I'm trying it.

Appearance:  It is an orange/copper colored beer, cloudy with light carbonation.  Pouring generates a 1 inch head that dissipates quickly.
Aroma:  It has a hoppy, lemony aroma.
Flavor:  This is another that is heavy on the hops.  Starts off lemony and finishes slightly bitter and spicy.
Mouthfeel:  It appears to me to be a light bodied beer.
Overall Impression:  When I first tasted it, I didn't care for it but the more sips I took, it kind of smoothed out.  It's OK.  It wouldn't be my first choice but it's drinkable.  My grade...C.

This beer is worth a try.  If you've tried this beer and disagree with me, let me know.  If you think I got something wrong, let me know.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Contact Me You can also follow me on Twitter. @Domkizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment